A Liebster Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers (That’s me all over!). It’s glad that there are people actually interested in the often odd things I write (and it’s amazing when they’re people I don’t know). Though I don’t usually forward tags or chain emails, this is a great way to step out of my comfort zone and seek out new voices and get those blogs and my own more notice.
So here are the rules for the nominated sites:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
- You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
- What is your favourite way to exercise?
- Favourite recipe of all time?
- What are 3 things you would like to improve in your life?
- What is your favourite food?
- Favourite quote?
- What is the greatest thing you have ever accomplished?
- Any pets? What kind/s?
- What is the most beautiful place you have ever visited?
- Whats a place you would like to visit?
- What is your favourite smell/scent?
The questions I was asked by Bev:
- Is there one country you have always wanted to visit? tell me why and why you haven’t gone there yet?
Many, actually, as I’ve never been outside the U.S. (unless you count Texas … it really is a whole other country there), and it mostly comes down to lack of money and time. I’d love to go to Spain and France, of course, and Australia, but I’d most enjoy the U.K., especially the countryside. Point me to Druids and I’m good.
- If you had to bake a cake what kind would it be?
I’ll go with traditional Southern with the Red Velvet cake (also my favorite), making sure that neither the cake nor the cream cheese frosting is too sweet (overly sweet red velvet is just not right). And it must, must, must be made with rich dark chocolate … milk chocolate or vanilla (some people seem to think that’s OK) is wrong by any stretch of the imagination, and I will call the Chocolate mafia on anyone who uses them.
- Do you like fudge if so what kind?
I like fudge, but only in small amounts … it’s just too rich most of the time. While I’m a complete chocoholic, really good peanut butter fudge is hard to pass up.
- If you could only have one last meal, what would it be?
Baked chicken and cornbread dressing, poke sallet, spinach salad, yeast rolls from Your Mama’s in Little Rock, butter potatoes and carrots, and Red Velvet cake for dessert. And I will cut you if you try to take the corner of the dressing.
- Song that reminds you of your childhood?
Before Barney ruined it forever, “This Old Man.” It just always reminded me of kindergarten and sitting on the cafetorium stage singing it with my classmates.
- Why did you begin a blog and what are your goals? Or aspirations?
My blog is primarily to help me relax, fuzzy-belly therapy in the digital realm. Sometimes it’s funny stuff (intentional and unintentional), and sometimes it’s rants that I just have to get out before I explode, but almost always will include pictures of my main man(cat), Luke, my insane and cute Angora. I don’t really have any goals for the blog, other than that people enjoy reading it.
- What do you do when you’re feeling blue?
Jigsaw puzzles help a lot (they’re logical and force you to think about something other than what’s irritating the crap out of you), as do funny videos and torturing Luke with the laser pointer. When my IBS is treating me well, photo hikes help lift the mood.
- If you could do any job in the world what would it be?
Cat wrangler. Nothing like herding cats to make you feel useful. ,-)
- What is your favourite blog and why?
Hard to pass up Cute Overload or Twisted Sifter (or Ben’s Bitter Blog when I’m feeling especially cynical) if I just want to see something to make me smile, laugh maniacally or just say “Wow!” And I’ve heard some good things about Serenity is a fuzzy belly … some crazy cat lady does it …
- What is something on your bucket list that you’d be most disappointed if you didn’t accomplish?
Write a book that hits #1 on the New York Times best-seller list, hopefully without having to lean completely on the most beautiful and evil cat in the world (because he hates when people muss his hair).
- Is there one thing that you can’t think about without smiling and/or laughing hysterically? What is it and are there embarrassing pictures and/or weird names involved?
- What is the one food you can’t live without? Why?
- Are you the crazy relative in your family … or is that “eccentric?”
- How did you come up with the name of your blog?
- Is there a word, phrase or grammatical usage that drives you right up the frickin’ wall? Why?
- If you were a famous singer on tour, what would be in your contract rider and why?
- What’s your go-to blog when you need to laugh or relax?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, what place would be your second choice (yep, you read right)?
- Innie or outie? Why is the other gross?
- How do you want to be remembered after you’re gone?
My nominated blogs are:
- Alison May
- Madeline Scribes
- I Am Not Woodward
- Exit Only
- Matty Writes
- Vodka Cigarette
- Writer at Large
- When They Call You Bipolar
- Phoebe and Her Brain
And now I’m off to inform my nominees!